Are you living your life with passion? We’re not talking just about sex, but about hurling yourself out there at life, living it to the max. It’s about making every part of your life full-bodied, juicy…passionate!
We all know people who grab life by the scruff of the neck and wring out every last ounce of joy and fun – and there’s nothing to stop you from doing exactly the same. As children we’re naturally passionate but, as we move through school into our teens and on into adult life, we have the passion knocked out of us. We’re taught that adulthood is all about being calm, controlled, rational, considered. The passion is inexorably drawn out of us until we have forgotten what it means to cry at a sunset, to become lost in a painting, to giggle like a child. There’s no room for passion in a cynical world. We think that’s a crying shame, as does Denise Linn. Denise is the author of a raft of self-help books and is one of the most amazing, passionate women we know (www.deniselinn.com).
"We get caught with cultural conditioning," says Denise. "We're told we should be responsible, we shouldn't have too much fun. We learn that life is supposed to be serious and if you're having fun then you're not taking care of your responsibilities." Society regards passion as emotion out of control, as an irrational force that, left to run wild, would grind industry to a halt within the day. In fact, says Denise, quite the opposite is true. Live your life with passion and you will become more effective in your work, a nicer person to live with and, most importantly, you will enjoy life to the full.
By learning to confront our fears of looking stupid, of making fools of ourselves, we can begin to take risks in life. Once we believe we can stretch ourselves and do more, we can start to find out what we really want to do with our lives: instead of living life safely, we will begin living passionately, to the full.
How to Reclaim Passion in Your Life
- Think back to childhood. What made you passionate as a child? Could you try some of those activities now?
- Where is your passion now? What activities make you really lose yourself? Do more of them! What causes are you passionate about? Get involved!
- What stops you being passionate? Work out what beliefs or anxieties prevent you from living with passion.
- Take risks. Even small risks help you to push through your fear boundaries and gain confidence. Be willing to make mistakes; be willing to make yourself look like a fool. If you find this hard, dab on our Confidence blend.
- Be kind. Random acts of kindness create a chain-reaction, making everyone feel good.
- Imagine you were at the end of your life, looking back. What would have given you fulfillment that you didn't do? What would you regret not having done? Why not do it now?
- Maintain passionate relationships by keeping your imagination alive. Be spontaneous every so often - whisk your partner off for a picnic, buy a surprise present. Needless to say, our Aphrodite and Ares blends can really ramp up the passion power!
Let’s Play Spritzer
Use this DIY aura spritzer to give you that little bit of extra oomph you need to let go and allow your true, fun, passionate nature to come out and play!
We’ve blended Angelica Root (great for loosening inhibitions), Thyme (gives a dose of self-confidence) and Rose (to reconnect you with your inner passionate child).
Makes: One 4 oz bottle of Aura Spritzer
- 3 drops Angelica Root (Angelica archangelica)
- 3 drops Thyme (Thymus vulgaris)
- 2 drops Rose (Rosa damascena)
- Directions: Add oil to water in a 4 oz spray bottle, shake gently to mix.