All it takes is a little TLC, a bit of fine-tuning and checking, to keep everything flowing smoothly in a relationship. Follow these steps to keep your relationships in tip-top condition. It’s also worth bearing in mind that these rules don’t only apply to our major love relationships with partners or spouses – they also relate to family, friend and work colleague relationships too. Share the love but use your judgement – your boss might not be open to a loving massage!
- Own up. If you feel you have stepped out of line, or made an error in judgement, or been unfair, the simplest way to restore harmony is to be honest and apologize. Feeling a bit nervous about doing that? Dab on some Confidence to give you the courage.
- Share your worries. Life can be hard and your relationships should be comforting and reassuring. Take time to share your worries and to listen to your partner’s concerns.
- Touch soothes. Words aren’t always necessary. Sometimes all it takes is a hug, a smile, a stroke. Affectionate touch sends feelgood chemicals flooding into the body. If someone is feeling extra-tense maybe lend them your Tension Tonic blend (or buy them their own!).
- Nip problems in the bud. Sort out problems as they arise with clear, effective communication. Clear up all relationship troubles on a daily basis. If a problem arises, get it sorted sooner rather than later.
- Keep your independence. All of us need time alone in order to think, relax and grow. Keep outside interests going – no one person can satisfy all your needs.
- Share an adventure. Shared interests and adventures make all relationships sparkle. Widen your horizons and try something different – a weekend course with your partner? An activity day with work colleagues or friends?
- Cheerfully compromise. Keep a good sense of give and take in your relationships. Think of things you know your partner, family, friends and work colleagues enjoy. Just ensure you get your chance of fun too. Share some Optimism to keep everyone happy!
- Small gestures count. It needn’t be huge - a posy of wild flowers or a simple note can mean as much as a huge bunch of red roses or a fancy dinner. One of our 2ml blends makes the perfect small present.
- Expect ups and downs. You won’t always be on the same page. Be aware of problems in the other person’s life (health, job loss, bereavement) and try to empathize.
- Focus on fun. Make a habit of laughing together when you can. Play is an essential part of most human relationships.
Keep It Happy Room Blend
This lovely blend is perfect for home or office. It contains oils that promote honesty, happiness and joy. Put it in a diffuser and breathe deeply – we challenge you not to smile!
- 15 drops Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum)
- 30 drops Orange (Citrus sinensis)
- 30 drops Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis)
- Add 9 drops to your favorite diffuser and enjoy!